The Oasis

Monday, June 01, 2009 Posted In Edit This 7 Comments »
I am absolutely thrilled with how it turned out! A few weeks ago, Aaron designed the oasis and did all the wood and metal work. Also, he designed and built the water feature and for the area.

This weekend, we finish adding the rock and planting everything. I cleaned off the patio which involved removing all the leftover firewood from winter and scrubbing it down. The overall finish: Wonderful!!!

Before picture from a year ago:

Photobucket

Today:

Photobucket

Photobucket

The boys enjoying their view:

Photobucket

My spot for the next 2 months:

Photobucket

Life it soooooo good!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very impressive! Now, come do one for me...for free.

Katrina said...

oooo jealous! I wanna come hang with ya in your oasis!

Jessica said...

Shelley - I need the tan, so I'll help ya out. However, you will have to buy the supplies!

Katrina - Come on over!! The kiddos can play on the playground while we drink Diet Dr. Pepper and enjoy the peace. :)

Aaron said...

And by "help you out" she means I'll sit in the sun and let Aaron do all the work on this one! :)

Jessica said...

You are a brave man when you are 70 miles away from me...

Anonymous said...

Hey, as long as y'all are doing it for free, I don't care who's slaving.

Ahem, I mean 'serving.'

There, I gave it a nice Christian spin. :)

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful! I bet ya'll are enjoying it! - Heather