The Princess and Her Pirates

Friday, September 04, 2009 Edit This 2 Comments »
A couple of weeks ago, our church had its first ever "Princesses and Pirates Party". The boys and I had a lot of fun coming up with our costumes. We went online to pick out the right skull and crossbones picture for their shirts. We cut up sweatpants to take on a more authentic pirate look. We even picked out a girly skull and crossbones for my hot pink shirt and added jewels.

I know it was a lot of work for everyone involved in this party at church, but it was so worth it for the kids. I truly appreciate everything that Katrina, Shelley, Chris and Karen did to make the Princesses and Pirates Party a success!



The boys started the party by painting boats and other piraty things. Then, they received their tattoos from Princess Pirate Shelley who told them it was ok to scream, but it had to be a manly "argh!" and not something whimpy. At this point, Luke just looked at her like she was nuts.

Next, the boys received their pizza as they watched a VeggieTale flick and heard a Bible story. Dessert was "Worms in the Dirt". I'm thinking the princesses got a better deal in their room with the fancy cake. Last, the boys went outside to walk the plank and smash open a pinata. Needless to say, being a pirate is tough work. They were worn out and ready to go home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We STILL haven't gotten OUR pictures from that day! I really liked how yours turned out.

Oh, and Luke looking at me like I was nuts was no big thing. I get that look a LOT.

I'm glad they had a good time!

Katrina said...

The pictures are so good! Ive gotten to see them all of course...hehe

It was a fun day and definitely worth all the work involved!

I LOVE that picture of you and the boys!!!