A Campin' We Will Go...

Sunday, September 27, 2009 Edit This 2 Comments »
And a campin' we went! We decided to take the boys to Lake Mineral Wells State Park for the weekend. The boys were so excited! Jack loves to camp. He enjoys fishing, hiking and building a campfire. I think I learned this weekend that Luke just like saying the word "camping". He pretty much would rather hangout in the tent and play Nintendo DS. It is nice to see that one of my children takes after my enthusiasm for camping. :)

On Friday, Aaron cooked out hamburgers and hotdogs, and the boys did a little fishing. I enjoyed reading a bit and building the fire. Yep, my fire skills have grown considerably from last winter.

On Saturday, we had a pretty busy day fishing. Now, when I say "we", then I mean Aaron and Jack. Luke spent two minutes holding a fishing pole before he decided that he "no like holding fish pole". So, Luke and I hiked back to the camp site. At that point, Luke decided that he wanted to get naked. I don't know if it is a guy thing to be completely "free" in nature, but I let him get naked (well, he did wear his undies) in our tent. We spent the rest of the morning playing Nintendo DS in our tent.

After lunch, Luke and I hung out at the camp while Jack and Aaron went fishing again. Luke was sweating bullets in the tent (he was clothed this time). When he came out, he said he was ready to go home. Hallaluah! Um...I mean...so soon, Lukey?

I called Aaron and said we're packing up and outta there. Aaron wasn't that surprised. I can't imagine why. We did have a fun time. It was fun spending time with the family outdoors, and I did enjoy sleeping in the tent. Granted, I enjoyed sleeping at home more, but I can't always have it my way, right? :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds a lot like what my trip would be like. LOL

Glad y'all had fun and enjoyed being out in the fresh air [especially those who enjoyed it in the buff]!

Heather said...

Oh, now that is some funny stuff. I prefer my camping to take place in a blanket tent over a pillow bed in the living room. Dining room maybe. Actual outside, sleep on the ground, worry about bugs and bears and icky stuff? I guess right about here is where I acknowledge that God knew what he was doing when he made me the mommy of girls, not boys.