Random Ramblings

Saturday, April 25, 2009 Edit This 6 Comments »
* It is 12:10 am, and I'm still awake.

* Everyone else in my house is sleeping.

* I went to a meeting last night, and no one showed up. I don't know if this means I'm just really on top of things or I missed an email stating we weren't having a meeting. I'll go with my first thought.

* I love taking millions of pictures then rarely post said pictures. I'm sure it is some lazy gene I have. I'm not sure where I got it from since everyone in my family is so stinkin' active. How did I get so lazy?

* I secretly love it when my boys run to me and specifically want me. There is nothing like hearing Luke say, "I want mommy. Hold you!"

* My perfect day would include my family, friends, a cookout, Rock Band, reading, laughing hysterically at silly stuff and a mani/pedi.

* I am so ready for summer. I can't wait to spend hours outside in the sun and taking the boys swimming. I'm also looking forward to going on several mini-trips.

* I love where I live. We have the coolest neighbors who are always wanting to be outside and hang out.

* I am super-social. I used to be a recluse, but I've been brought out of my shell and don't want to go back in.

* The boys are taking swim lessons with one of our favorite baby-sitters, and I know they are going to have a blast!

* Jack is going to a camp called "Lego Mania" this summer. He is totally freakin'. He can't wait.

* Luke is going to be jealous he doesn't get to go to the Lego camp until he realizes going to camp means no mommy. Then, he will be happy Jack is going so he can come home and play video games without anyone bossing him around.

* My favorite color is yellow even though I look hideous in yellow.

* I'm really sensitive to medicine. If I take one Tylenol PM, then I will be out for a good 8 hours.

* I have a passion for children's ministries. I love sharing God's Word with children and watching them grow closer to God.

* I have a tough exterior, but my heart breaks easily.

* I love listening to rock and alternative music really loud in Aaron's car.

* You can pretty much tell my mood by what is most popular on my...umm...Aaron's iPod.

* My oldest child actually exclaimed to me the second he walked into the house that he couldn't believe how clean the house looked. Hmm...perhaps I should start picking up more often?

* I don't like people who judge. Then, I remember there are times that I judge when I shouldn't, and we are all sinners who fall short. God has given us grace through His Son. Therefore, I should find that same kind of grace for others. It's hard, but I'm trying.

* I love my husband more than air. Although we can drive each other crazy and sometimes seem to be on opposite ends of the spectrum, God reminds us exactly how perfect we are for each other.

* I love hearing songs that remind me of fun times...(Just a small town girl, livin' in a lonely world. She took the midnight train goin' anywhere)...

* I wish people could see my heart. I guess that would require me to bring down my defenses and soften up a bit. I would have to stop cracking jokes when I feel like crying. It would be hard to stop cracking jokes. It is my ultimate defense mechanism.

* I'm wondering how many more random ramblings I can have before 1 am.

* This is the funnest post ever. I recommend everyone do one. It is pretty relaxing to just type whatever pops up in your head. God bless stream of consciousness.

* Stream of consciousness writing aims to provide a textual equivalent to the stream of a fictional character’s consciousness. It creates the impression that the reader is eavesdropping on the flow of conscious experience in the character’s mind, gaining intimate access to their private “thoughts”. Thank you Literary Encyclopedia for that description.

* See? Not only is my blog fun but educational. You should use stream of consciousness sometime this week.

* And indubitably. Another good word of the day.

* One of my all-time favorite series, The Southern Vampire series, aka Sookie Stackhouse series (aka Sookie Sookie) actually reference a word of the day calendar in it. I wish I had one because I would so use it. If I could pronounce the word correctly. If not, then I would call up Shelley and ask her how to pronounce it. She may laugh at me, but she would totally help me out.

* Even though I wanted a little girl more than anything, I can't imagine my life without my two little boys. I am definitely a boys' momma through and through.

* Jack is so smart when it comes to figuring stuff out. He can figure out just about any video game, and his mind works in a way that is way beyond his years. Perhaps, he has "the knack".

* It frightens me how much Jack is like Aaron.

* Luke is brilliant in a completely different way than Jack. He knows how to work the system. He uses his body language and words to get exactly what he wants. This works with several people. Unfortunate for him, his mommy and daddy are in on his game.

* It frightens me how much Luke is like me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL Girl, don't you know that if you can't pronounce a word, you just say it more quietly and/or cough at the same time and then keep going like you really DO know how to pronounce it?

We'll need to host a Sunday School party here. We'll grill and set up the Rock Band, Guitar Hero World Tour, and SingStar stuff. You and Chris can battle on Guitar Hero. :)

I was tempted to put Brandon in the Lego camp. Then, I stepped on yet another stray Lego and vowed to hunt down all Lego makers and stuff every cavity of their bodies with their creation.

Jessica said...

LOL! I'm going to remember that when I get a section of verses from the Old Testament in Sunday School.

We totally need to have a Rock Band/Guitar Hero World Tour/SingStar party! That would be so much fun! I'll need to start working on my vocal cords and guitar riffs. ;)

You should put Brandon in the Lego Camp. Jack would love it if Brandon went with him. As for stepping on those darn things, I seem to have no pity for the random little pieces that remain on the floor while I'm vacuuming.

Anonymous said...

I may do the Lego camp. I could be persuaded anyway.

Bring me any info you have, and I'll run it by 'the man.' Yeah, like he's going to say 'no' to a Lego camp. Puhlease.

Kim said...

Did someone say Lego? Ok Jess, send me the skinny on this Lego camp. Riley would totally flip his lid to go to something like that.

Anonymous said...

Just a city boy, born and raised in south detroit...

I love you.

-Heather (just so none of your other friends think you have some random stalker. YOU know I'm stalking you, that's all that counts. LOL)

Anonymous said...

oh the Lego camp.... I was trying to find one then Shelley shared the info but we have swim lessons that week. bummer! I think we'll be heading to Southlake for a homeschool class in the fall. It will be super fun for Jack and Brandon.
I haven't been online much in months! I'm just catching up on some blogs & emails. loved reading your random ramblings.