Where did the school year go?

Saturday, June 11, 2011 Edit This 0 Comments »
My goodness!  How did we already get to the end of the school year?  I know it has been awhile since I've posted, but it has been pretty busy during the spring.  Hopefully, the summer break will allow me to post more regularly.

At the end of the school year, the teachers give each elementary student a Christian Character Award.  It is a very sweet moment to hear about your child through a teacher's eyes.  Jack received the Loving Award.  His verse was "Unselfishly meeting the needs of others" John 15:12.  I can't tell you what it feels like to have someone who has spent 8 hours a day for the past 31 weeks tell you that your child is unselfish and meets the needs of others.  It was almost too overwhelming.

Then, Mrs. Pearle used the letters in his name to describe Jack.  J is for Jovial, A is for Appreciative.  C is for Capable and K is for Kind.  She said he ALWAYS said "Yes ma'am" to her and did whatever she said.  I am so proud of him!


Jack is my very tenderhearted kid.  He cried when the class was over because he knew that it was Mrs. Pearle's last day as she had surgery the following day.  I snapped this picture of the two of them after the award ceremony:


He wasn't excited about moving up to 3rd grade, but he did say it was possible he may love his 3rd grade teacher more than Mrs. Pearle.  I'll be honest.  I don't know if that is possible.  I'm not sure our family can love any teacher more than Mrs. Pearle.

Luke received the Fruit of the Spirit award for Joyfulness.  Well, isn't that the truth!  I don't know another kid who moves around as much as he does humming a song and laughing at everything that is going on.  He is definitely a free spirit which is one of the things I love most about him.  He dresses up in silly costumes.  Yesterday, he was a skeleton pirate:


Below are a few pictures from his Pre-K class:

Luke being silly with one of his best buds, Matthew

 Mrs. Nantz with Luke

"Joyful" Luke


0 comments: