Happy Birthday Emma!

Thursday, March 26, 2009 Posted In , , Edit This 2 Comments »
My niece, Emma, turned 5 years old yesterday.

I remember the day that Steph called me to tell me she was pregnant. The conversation occurred on the phone about 18 hours after I had Jack. It went like this:

Steph: Hey...how's it going?
Me: Pretty good. I keep throwing up and labor was super painful. How are you?
Steph: Um...so how pink does the line have to be to mean you're pregnant?
Me: $@#( ()&%$ @$%%#@?!
Steph: So, you're saying that two lines is all you need?
Me: *passes out*
Steph: Hello?
Me: *still out*
Steph: Um...I'll call back later. *click*

Ok, I may have exaggerated a little, but it was definitely unexpected to hear Steph ask me that question! Especially since she had only been married 3 months and still had 2 years left in college.

However, I also remember another phone call very vividly:

Me: Hello? *hears beeping noises in background*
Steph: Hey Jess. Guess where I am?
Me: You better not be in the hospital. We had a plan. Don't you remember?
Steph: Yeah...Emma doesn't want to cooperate with that plan. I'm having the baby today!
Me: *drops phone*
Steph: Hello?
Me: *starts car*
Steph: Are you there?
Me: *gets out of car and grabs Jack from inside the house...goes back to car and leaves*
Steph: Ok. I'll talk to you later. *click*

I got there in record time and saw Emma as soon as she was born. It was such an awesome day! I got to hold her a couple hours later.

The first time I held Emma
Photobucket

Asleep
Photobucket

On Christmas Day (oh, how I loved those outfits!)
Photobucket

*sigh*

Where does the time go? She is such a big girl, and I find it so hard to believe it was five years ago that I rushed to see her big arrival.

Photobucket

To my sweet Emma...happy birthday! We love you! Uncle Aaron, Aunt Jessie, Jack & Luke

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not too much exaggeration there! Isn't it amazing through a positive pregnancy test or a new tattoo I cause you gray hairs from hundreds of miles away? Keeping you on your toes, that's what I'm here for you! I love the pictures of Aunt Jessie and the way Aaron says, "Niece Emma." Thanks!

Aaron said...

It's only fair, she calls me Uncle Aaron! :)